A Year in Review
What a year! 2019... You've been fabulous!
Here are some of my highlights:
- Winning 2 Silver Awards with the Guild of Photographers - a highly prestigious national competition with incredibly high standards.
- Being a finalist in the Image of the Year competition with my image of the Joker as portrayed by G Brodie Model. From the 1000s of images they receive each month, I am in the final 10 and will find out the results at a glitzy awards ceremony in February (any excuse to get dressed up!)
- Shooting with some of the finest corsetières in the world at the Oxford Conference of Corsetry held at Jesus College, Oxford. (Image Marie Devilreaux wearing Lyris Design). A huge honour to be asked.
- Holding my first solo exhibition, Mademoiselle, this Summer as part of the Didsbury Arts Festival, fulfilling a long standing ambition of mine.
- Running/Teaching 17 sold out workshops through Photography Session Days, including one of the largest photographic events in the country and having partnered with lighting company, Rotolight.
- Being the Official Photographer on the Emmeline Pankhurst statue project in Manchester (even getting to shoot at the Houses of Parliament) and being credited in the recent book, First in the Fight.
- And the absolute highlight? Working with so many beautiful clients and models! Here are my most popular images of the year. Models | Rachel France, Miss Pearl Curl, Blossom and Buttercups, Aly Sky wearing JB Corsets, Freida Nipples, Lydia Frances
I truly love my job, I've met some incredible people and I look forward to meeting many more of you in 2020...
Wishing you all a VERY Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and wonderful 2020!