How to Prepare for a Boudoir Photoshoot
If you are investing time and money into a Boudoir Photoshoot, you want to do this right! Preparation is key to a successful shoot. Here are my top tips on how to prepare for your Boudoir Photoshoot.
A Few Weeks Before....
- Spend time deciding which lingerie to bring and trying on outfits. Look at yourself from all angles in a mirror. You need to feel confident and sexy in your chosen looks. If there is nothing in your wardrobe that makes you go WOW, go lingerie shopping. Your Boudoir shoot is the perfect excuse! You need to love what you are wearing.
- Book your hair, manicure, pedicure, eyebrow and waxing appointments for a few days before the shoot. Don't underestimate the finishing touches- nails can be seen in pretty much every image. Don't fake tan if you can help it, natural skin looks much better on camera.
- Prepare a moodboard and fill in your Pre-Shoot Questionnaire to ensure your images will suit your individual style.
A Few Days Before
- Drink plenty of water- this helps your skin glow. Try to avoid alcohol and salt as this can affect your skin too.
- Exfoliate and Moisturise for glowing skin
- Prepare a music playlist if you like- you are welcome to connect your phone to my music system.
The Day before
- Pack your shoot bag. Bring more outfits than you think you will need, don't forget heels, spare stockings, accessories and jewellery. Bring a robe (if you prefer to wear your own rather than the studio robe) and slippers if you like for extra comfort between sets.
- Remove all tags from your lingerie- these can be seen in images especially if your lingerie is sheer or lacy.
- Make sure any outfits are ironed ready to wear.
- Plan your route and know how to get to the studio
- Wash your hair the night before so that any style is more likely to hold the next day
- Get an early night
On the Day
- Arrive at the studio with no make up on ideally
- Don't wear anything that will leave marks on your skin, for example, socks, tight trousers, bobbles on your wrist etc
- Please eat a little something before your shoot- photoshoots can be quite physical and you'll need your strength and energy.
- RELAX and trust my make up artist to take you to the exact level of glam you desire.
You can contact me here to ask any questions you might have.