Confidence is the ultimate accessory for a successful boudoir photo shoot. One of the keys to success is a wardrobe that not only makes you feel amazing but that flatters your body. Correct lingerie will go a long way in helping you to feel sexy and confident on the day. Here is my guide on what to bring to your Boudoir Photoshoot:
- There's no better excuse than a boudoir photoshoot to do some lingerie shopping. It makes the experience more special and you'll want to feel WOW in your images.
- Bring matching lingerie sets- bra and knickers.
- Try not to bring rigid, padded bras as they can maintain their shape when you lie down, even if your breasts don't and so can look a little unflattering in images.
- Solid colours work well and can be very slimming. Black is the classic but why not bring a selection- black for a sultry, sexy look then maybe a colour or a lighter look for more variety.
- Think about the type of knicker you would like- a brazilian style or fuller knicker can make a derriere more rounded whilst very tiny g-strings can flatten it. The higher the cut, the longer your leg will look.
- If you are conscious of your middle section, try to avoid baggy babydolls or cover-ups- this can serve to make you look bigger than you are.
- A corset is a great way to add extra curves, cinch your waist and create an incredible hourglass figure. If you haven't worn one before, make sure you are correctly fitted and practice wearing it beforehand. And don't worry about lacing yourself into one, we can help with that!
- Conscious of your upper arms... How about a sexy robe or lacy wrap?
- A bodysuit makes a great modern lingerie alternative
Stockings or Hold-Ups
- Stockings or hold-ups can really finish off a lingerie look. Even if you don't usually wear them, try something different for your shoot.
- Make sure your stockings or hold-ups aren't too short as that can shorten your legs.
- Also make sure they aren't too tight or they can roll down or create lumps and bumps where you don't want.
- If you are bringing stockings, don't forget the suspender belt to hold them up.
- Fishnet tights can be very slimming.
- A pair of very high heels is a must. They not only elongate your legs but improve your posture too during the shoot.
- Ankle straps can shorten the leg so if possible, try to avoid them.
- Even if you can't walk in the heels, it doesn't matter as long as they look good!
- Don't forget to pack any jewellery or accessories that you wish to use- oversized earrings or necklaces can work really well and add extra glamour.
- You don't need to be in lingerie for your boudoir shoot. A glamorous dress can be just as sexy.
- Or how about a man's shirt- there's nothing sexier! You can feel more covered up whilst still showing a little skin.
- My most popular style is the implied nude- a white sheet covers as much as you like whilst the rest is left to the imagination!
- A jacket or leather jacket can look great with lingerie.
Feel free to get in touch to ask any questions before your shoot or if you need more advice. Or take a look on Pinterest or at my portfolio for inspiration.