12 Tips for an Unforgettable PhotoShoot
If you are investing time and money into a Photoshoot, you want to do this right! Preparation is key to a successful shoot. Here are my top tips on how to prepare for an unforgettable photoshoot.
1. Choose your photographer carefully... are you drawn to their work? Can the photographer direct poses to flatter every figure and light professionally? Have you read their bio and feel you could gel with this person? A relaxed shoot is not only much more enjoyable but it shows in the images too.
2. Think about the sort of images you are drawn to... do you prefer light/airy or dark/sultry? Do you prefer natural, relaxed images or highly stylised images? With our photoshoot confirmation, we send over a pre shoot questionnaire which is designed to make you think about the sort of images you would like to create. We will then plan a shoot to suit your individual style.
3. Spend time deciding which outfits to bring with you. Look at yourself from all angles in a mirror. You need to feel confident in your chosen looks. If there is nothing in your wardrobe that makes you go WOW, go shopping. Your photoshoot is the perfect excuse! You need to love what you are wearing. For lingerie advice, you can read my lingerie blog.
4. For glowing skin, drink plenty of water, exfoliate and moisturise. (Try to avoid alcohol and salt as this can affect your skin too). Book your hair, manicure, pedicure, eyebrow and waxing appointments for a few days before the shoot. Don't underestimate the finishing touches- nails can be seen in pretty much every image. Don't fake tan if you can help it, natural skin looks much better on camera.
5. Prepare a music playlist if you like- you are welcome to connect your phone to our music system. Something that gets you in the mood for the style of your shoot.
6. Pack your shoot bag. Bring more outfits than you think you will need, don't forget heels, spare stockings, accessories and jewellery. Bring a robe and slippers for extra comfort between sets (or use the studio robe and complimentary slippers). Remove all tags from your lingerie- these can be seen in images especially if your lingerie is sheer or lacy. Make sure any outfits are ironed ready to wear.
7. Plan your route and know how to get to the studio. There is nothing worse than arriving somewhere stressed and flustered.
8. The night before, wash your hair so that any style is more likely to hold the next day. Get plenty of rest.
9. Ideally arrive at the studio with no make up on. Don't wear anything that will leave marks on your skin, for example, socks, tight trousers, bobbles on your wrist etc
10. Eat a little something before your shoot- photoshoots can be quite physical and you'll need your strength and energy. We have plenty of snacks in the studio if you get the munchies mid shoot!
11. Relax and trust your hair and makeup artist and photographer to make you look like the absolute best version of yourself
12. Make the most of your glam look with a night out to showcase your look. If that's not possible, at least be sure to take lots of selfies when you get home!